promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Timmy ditanyakan dalam SportsCycling · 1 dekade yang lalu

Should i buy this bike?

http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/motobecane/mes...

Its going to be my first road bike. I like the orange 52cm one. but im not sure if its reliable and strong to last me a few years. Is there anything bad about this bike? or is it good?

14 Jawaban

Relevansi
  • 1 dekade yang lalu
    Jawaban Favorit

I love this bike and it sounds as if you really do want it. I would buy it if you are sure you can afford it.

It looks very durable and reliable.

GO FOR IT : D

• Commenter avatarMasuk untuk membalas jawaban
  • 1 dekade yang lalu

Motobecanes are good bikes and it's hard to go wrong with a single speed set up! Fixed is a pretty hardcore option but at least this bike gives you that option as well! (And if you've never ridden fixed gear before, I would advise trying it well away from any roads the first couple of times - it takes some getting used to).

This is a great price though and I bet this bike would be great fun. Go for it!

• Anonim
    1 dekade yang lalu

if you must have a single speed than this one will suit you fine also check out the mercier and the windsor on the same site, i just like the looks of the windsor better but essentially the same bike. i have been riding in one form or another for many years and i will say that fixed is a tough little set up. you will find the flip flop hub option a god send when you just want to go for a ride. as a first "road bike" though it think you will be dissapointed by a single speed or a track style bike. i ride one but only as a de-gear for winter commutes and co-commuting with slower friends and simple trips to the store.

good luck

• 1 dekade yang lalu

I wouldn't go as far as calling that thing a road bike. It really is no different then going to Walmart and buying a hybrid for 20 bucks. But that's just me, if I was gonna spend hundreds on a bike, I'd go for something high end with performance that'll not only last longer, but I'll enjoy using for a longer period of time without it being outdated. If your looking for an actual inexpensive entry level road bike, try the Trek 1000, which you can get for as low as $400 on ebay. And it comes with gears!

• Bagaimana menurut Anda jawaban tersebut? Anda dapat masuk untuk memberikan suara pada jawaban.
  • Anonim
    1 dekade yang lalu

The bike is fine and 2 friends have bought from there and were very happy with the bikes. But I will join in with some others and say make sure you really want single speed.

• 1 dekade yang lalu

This looks like an excellant first road bike ,i have just got a fixed road machine and my new normal more expensive road bikes left in the shed, i just cant get enough of it.I only wish i would have bought such a machine as my first road bike many years ago,you only need gears for big hills over a long distance in my opinion,this bike should last a good few years with little maintainence problems.

• 1 dekade yang lalu

No, it is a single speed bike and it WILL leave you disappointed!!!!

If it's your first roadbike then consider saving a few quid more and finding something with gears, otherwise it will leave you severely handicapped when coping with everyday riding conditions. Its a good second bike though!! (for the price)

I am not an appeaser desperate for 10 points, I am telling you the way it is!!

• McG
    Lv 7
    1 dekade yang lalu

Now here is a real deal of a first bike -- you can remove the rack if you don't want it.

http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/mercier/galaxy...

It's half price and Mercier is as good as a Motobecane.

• 1 dekade yang lalu

Are you sure you want a fixed gear bike for your first road bike? I strongly suggest you test ride one in some place that has hills. Go up and down the hill. You just might change your mind in favor of a more traditional ride.

HTH

• rieck
    Lv 4
    4 tahun yang lalu

Your form new motorbike is now 2nd hand. it fairly is fairly worth at ultimate a pair of million/2 what you paid for it and a motorbike shop might pay you even under that because of the fact they could be attempting to sell it for a earnings. in case you will hit upon out if the motorbike has a transferable make certain it fairly is fairly worth extra to a potential customer in case you sell privately, yet promotion to a shop you will get the least funds for it

• 1 dekade yang lalu

No, it's a track bike, not a road bike. Look for a Giant OCR or a Trek 1000.

Masih ada pertanyaan? Dapatkan jawaban Anda dengan bertanya sekarang.