Should seal hunting be eliminated???

I saw on the news last night about how a few seal hunters were killed when their boat sank. Every year, hundreds of seals are murdered for their fur. The government does nothing about it (no anti-seal hunting law), which I think is quite dumb, because seals are living, and deserve not to be killed for selfish... tampikan lainnya I saw on the news last night about how a few seal hunters were killed when their boat sank. Every year, hundreds of seals are murdered for their fur. The government does nothing about it (no anti-seal hunting law), which I think is quite dumb, because seals are living, and deserve not to be killed for selfish reasons. 3 guys die, it's a big deal (may they rest in peace though). I dont see the big deal, sorry to say, but I mean, these guys were out to kill innocent seals that are killed yearly for a selfish cause, and they meet their fate instead. No, I'm not saying it's a good thing these people died, but I mean, 3 guys die, a big deal is made. hundreds of seals are killed yearly for fur, i mean, there is such a thing as fake fur. Why is real fur seen as something so valuable, i mean, it's murder worn for superficial reasons. Should seal hunting be eliminated??? I think so. Maybe those guys wouldnt have died if seal hunting was outlawed. What's ur opinion on seal hunting???
Update: If a species is continued to be hunted, it will eventually be extinct. Some people just dont learn from other extinct animals (Example: Tasmanian Tiger, Caspian Tiger, Dodo Bird, etc.) . Humans were not meant to rule, they're just smarter than all the other animals and basically, it's seen as survival of... tampikan lainnya If a species is continued to be hunted, it will eventually be extinct. Some people just dont learn from other extinct animals (Example: Tasmanian Tiger, Caspian Tiger, Dodo Bird, etc.) . Humans were not meant to rule, they're just smarter than all the other animals and basically, it's seen as survival of the fittest.
Update 2: What happens when we run out of this animal resource, we move on and kill other animals? It's the 21st century, there are other options besides torturing an animal for something that could be made by machine.
Update 3: We are smart, yet we don't know any better, or we never learn from past mistakes.
Update 4: It does provide employment, true but then again, the only thing being gained is employment. The seal population may be high, and thriving, but isn't the hunting the reason many previous species became extinct?I know the population is in the millions, but what about the future, many years from now? Food, I do... tampikan lainnya It does provide employment, true but then again, the only thing being gained is employment. The seal population may be high, and thriving, but isn't the hunting the reason many previous species became extinct?I know the population is in the millions, but what about the future, many years from now? Food, I do agree with, it is for a physical need, hunger, but shouldnt there be an alternative? I'm not saying everyone should go vegan and stuff, but i mean, we already kill many other animals crually for meat, like chickens, cows, pigs, etc. why should we kill seals too? it's bad enough we're killing animals already, no matter the population.

A few of you have good points, but baby seals? that's just wrong. Being born into a world to be skinned, that's just harsh and pointless. Why not let nature be? We already caused pollution, what else will humans damage?
Update 5: employment = money gained
Update 6: Times change, this is the 21st century, not the age of exploration where hunting for fur was necessary. It may be traditional to some, but it will end eventually, like many others.
Update 7: I do agree with the Inuit though, since it is a part of their tradition (used to keep warm, tradition, etc.). As for commercial use, I see no use for it though.
9 jawaban 9