My internal-turned external HSGT 7200RPM 1Tb drive suddenly became unallocated, help!?

So the drive suddenly went unallocated while I was listening to the mp3 musics on my VLC playlist, all the files on it kind of turned raw. The adapter I used for turning it into an external storage was Orico 2577U3 but I m pretty sure it s not the adapter s fault since I ve used it on another drive for much longer... tampikan lainnya So the drive suddenly went unallocated while I was listening to the mp3 musics on my VLC playlist, all the files on it kind of turned raw. The adapter I used for turning it into an external storage was Orico 2577U3 but I m pretty sure it s not the adapter s fault since I ve used it on another drive for much longer without problems. About 900GB worth of files are at risk of permanently gone and to make the matter worse, I ve also accidentally created a new volume on it, likely leaving file recovery as the last option I have to partially save the files.
Now let s say I ve rescued the files I want, do you think it s safe to reuse the drive after formatting it? why?
2 jawaban 2